Welcome, music enthusiasts! Today, we have the pleasure of diving into the vibrant world of KLIPHT0N, an exceptionally talented artist hailing from Austin, Texas. Known for his unique musical style and uplifting melodies, KLIPHT0N has been making waves with his latest releases, including the noteworthy albums Cherish, Cherish 2, and Cherish 3. In this interview, we’ll explore the inspiration behind his music, the remarkable personal experiences that have shaped his artistic vision, and the profound message he aims to convey through his craft. Join us as we delve into the remarkable journey of KLIPHT0N, a true symbol of resilience and creativity.
What is your name and what city do you rep?
- KLIPHT0N – AUSTIN, TX
Tell us about your latest releases, what inspired you to create them?
- Cherish, Cherish 2 & Cherish 3 were all created as one album called Cherish All, but I delivered to the public as three different EPs because I wanted each song to be given attention and respect. My intention for making this music is to spread good vibes across the music industry with a new style of music that can make you feel something without necessarily having to hear a developed, typical ABABCB song with complex lyrics.Cherish, in particular, was inspired by my late grandfather who built a church and showed my family what little education, faith & hard work can produce.
What is unique about you and your music?
- I am a gay, black man from east Austin, TX. I graduated from an HBCU. I survived a coma. I survived several seizures, a near death experience of losing my mind and my being. I survived COVID, and I am surviving the HIV diagnosis of 2022 with a positive mindset and unique medication. I overcame my vice of sex; learned how to focus my creative energies on other things like making music and helping others (Daytime, I work for Texas Health and Human Services Commission, as a Program Special IV – I do residential surveys for compliance, making sure people are not being abused and neglected.
What shaped your music?
- My music is shaped by my experiences, my thoughts, my will, my desire for building a legacy – something my family and my future son can look back on and be proud of. This is purely a spiritual pursuit, for development of my mind and spirit. If fame and fortune comes, I will be grateful but it is not what I am after. I need peace of mind, and wholeness. Making music for y’all really clears my mind.
When did you realize you were going to make music professionally?
- When Devine Jamz Gospel Network discovered me as a music blogger in 2019
What type of music do you listen to?
- Various types. I usually really love The Cheetah Girls – One World, Air – Moon Safari, Young Buck – Buck the World, One Direction – Midnight Memories, Micah Stampley – Release Me; Rent -Original Soundtrack.
What inspires you to write music?
- My feelings, the world, what I go through during the day, the situations i see.
What do you do when you don’t do music (creative or otherwise) and that you are passionate about?
- I write poetry in the form of a song, because it keeps my mind focused on being a music producer – not because I am a singer or songwriter. I can sing, and I can write songs, but I don’t – or, rather, I have not yet. Soon, I will produce an album with live vocals – either my own, or someone else’s. I’ve always wanted to produce someone’s album. But, I only will do it if I am asked to do so. I am not shopping around for artists to produce. It has to be a magical pairing.
What do you wish you were told when you first started making music that you think would help artists just starting out?
- Be Yourself. Don’t try to impress anyone else. Galatians 6: 4-5
Tell us about your upcoming projects…
- Dios Es Ahora, my first concept album, an ode to refugees/immigrants and hispanics. I don’t speak Spanish, but I do have a love for the Cuban / Spanish style of music. I made Dios Es Ahora to prove to myself that I can create something more challenging than I ever did. And, I really want to make something to give honor to Hispanics because they continue to help build America. The album releases July 7, 2023. It will be advertised in The Austin Chronicle on 5/19/2023.
Any last words for the readers?
- Thank you so much for the support! I appreciate it. Remember, you can do anything you put your mind to. Withstanding epilepsy, HIV, and COVID – I can attest to the fact that it is the state of the mind that brings about the state of the body. Be well! Be Supreme.
As we conclude our conversation with KLIPHT0N, we are left inspired by his unwavering determination and unyielding spirit. His music not only resonates with catchy tunes and infectious beats but also carries a deeper meaning, rooted in personal growth, overcoming adversity, and spreading positivity. With upcoming projects like his concept album “Dios Es Ahora,” KLIPHT0N continues to push boundaries and explore new artistic territories. We extend our gratitude to KLIPHT0N for sharing his story and reminding us that through self-belief and a positive mindset, we can overcome any obstacle. Keep an eye out for this rising star as he paves the way for a harmonious blend of music and resilience.
Take a listen to his latest releases.
Cherish All: https://on.soundcloud.com/YMVxL
Social Media links